A COMPANY BUILT ON STABILITY, LONGEVITY AND COMMITMENT.
Builders was founded by a group of people who were perfectly suited to create better insurance for builders: Georgia homebuilders.
They were looking for a way to combat the growing costs and shrinking availability of Workers’ Compensation insurance for the homebuilding community. Builders is the result of their efforts. The new company grew rapidly, writing $15 million in Workers’ Compensation premiums in the Company’s first full year.
Just five years later, the Company was recognized as one of the largest writers of Workers’ Compensation insurance in Georgia. Later that year, Builders paid its first member dividend totaling nearly $1 million.
Since then, the Company has declared 23 consecutive dividends to policyholders totaling $52.5 million. Today, we provide more than 21,000 policyholders with their Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Builders Risk, Package, and Umbrella insurance.
- Builders distributes its 22nd consecutive annual dividend payment to its qualifying Georgia policyholders. The dividend of approximately $1,000,000 brings the total dividends paid to more than $51.5 million.
- The Financial Strength Rating of all member companies of Builders was upgraded to “A” (Excellent) IX from “A-” (Excellent) VIII by A.M. Best Company, the leading provider of ratings, news and financial data for the insurance industry worldwide. The outlook for these ratings was revised from positive to stable.
- The Company celebrated its 25th anniversary.
- The Company began a year-long Loss Control webinar series conducted monthly and aimed at educating our policyholders to develop safe work environments.
- Builders introduced Commercial Package Policy to Florida.
- A.M. Best Company, a worldwide insurance-rating and information agency revised the outlook to positive from stable and affirmed the financial strength rating of A- “Excellent” for all member companies of Builders.
- Builders Insurance (A Mutual Captive Company) distributed its 19th consecutive dividend payment to qualifying Georgia policyholders, bringing the total amount of dividends paid to $48.5 million.
- The Company topped $201.8 million in policyholder surplus, marking the first time Builders has ever surpassed the $200 million mark.
- Builders introduced an updated Builders Risk product in Georgia. Enhancements included an improved user interface, more coverage options and significantly lower rates for qualified risks.
- Workers’ Compensation program was successfully launched in Oklahoma.
- The Company experienced solid growth in non-construction and trade contractor markets.
- Builders Insurance (A Mutual Captive Company) distributed its 17th consecutive dividend payment to qualifying Georgia policyholders, bringing the total amount of dividends paid to $47 million.
- General Liability, Package and Umbrella launched in new states, Oklahoma and Utah.
- Builders Insurance (A Mutual Captive Company) distributed its 16th consecutive dividend payment to qualifying Georgia policyholders, bringing the total amount of dividends paid to more than $45.8 million.
- Umbrella launched in Indiana, Tennessee and Virginia.
- General Liability launched for the first time in Kentucky.
- Commercial Package Policy introduced in Indiana, Kentucky and South Carolina.
- New product Umbrella unveiled in Georgia first and then followed by Kentucky, Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
- Builders distributes 15th consecutive dividend of approximately $1.8 million, bringing the total dividends paid to more than $45 million.
- General Liability introduced to new states, Indiana and Colorado.
- Workers’ Compensation program launched in Maryland.
- General Liability for Trade Contractors made available in Tennessee and Texas.
- New product Commercial Package Policy launched in Texas, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Agency Upload capabilities enabled for agents in all states in which we write WC and GL.
- Our 13th consecutive dividend is declared in Georgia, bringing total amount paid to $42.7 million.
- Workers’ Compensation and General Liability are launched in Pennsylvania.
- Online Monthly Self Reporting is expanded from Georgia to Florida, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
- eQuotes system for agents is consolidated and enhanced.
- Builders LITE is launched in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and Virginia, offering Workers’ Compensation and General Liability to light commercial contractors.
- Workers’ Compensation for professional roofers is introduced in all states.
- Online Monthly Self Reporting is launched in Georgia and Virginia.
- With its 11th Consecutive dividend payment, the cumulative amount of dividends paid to qualifying policyholders reached $41 million.
- Builders introduces General Liability product to the Florida market.
- Builders launches Builders Risk in Georgia; a new line of insurance to provide comprehensive coverage from loss, damage or theft of property while under construction.
- Builders marks $1 billion in cumulative direct written premium since the Company’s inception in 1992.
- Builders introduces Workers’ Compensation and General Liability products to Tennessee.
- Builders introduces Workers’ Compensation insurance to Florida and South Carolina.
- General Liability insurance introduced in South Carolina.
- Builders reaches $100 million in annual written premium.
- Builders introduces General Liability insurance to Georgia’s residential general and trade contractors.
- Builders begins offering Workers’ Compensation to non-construction businesses in Georgia.
- Builders converts from a self-insurers fund to a mutual captive company.
- Builders serves more than 1,400 policyholders and writes $15 million in annual premium.
- Founded as a self-insured fund and endorsed by the Home Builders Association of Georgia (HBAG).